StarTeam® 2009 Release 2 Eclipse Client Release
Last updated: December 2, 2010
Welcome to the StarTeam 2009 Release 2 Eclipse Client.
This file contains important information regarding this release that may not
appear in online help. Please read this file in its entirety prior to using
the application and before contacting the Micro Focus SupportLine.
For an overview of the new features in this release, see the "Getting Started" topic "What's New" in the StarTeam Eclipse Client Online Help.
Following are the system requirements for installing and running this client.
Important: StarTeam Eclipse 11.0 recommends the use of a 1.6 JRE.
The latest 1.6 JRE can be downloaded from Sun Microsystems at http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u2/index.html. To specify the use of the 1.6
JRE when launching Eclipse, place the -vm command line argument at the beginning of the
eclipse.ini file (example: -vm
1.6 and above
Windows 7 (32-bit and *64-bit)
Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit)
Windows Vista Business SP2 (32-bit)
Solaris 10 (32-bit)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 (32-bit)
*StarTeam Eclipse Client was only tested on 32-bit.
StarTeam Server Versions
StarTeam Server 2009 Release 2
StarTeam Server 2009
StarTeam Server 2008 Release 2
Hard disk space
In addition to the space required for Eclipse, hard disk space of 37
MB to install the application.
Note: Sufficient disk space is required for your working files.
The amount will vary depending on your use of the product.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that the Java memory allocation heap
be increased when using this product. This setting is specified using the Java
commands (-vmargs) -Xms and Xmx. Determining the proper settings will depend
on the amount of physical memory available. Significant performance improvement
will be recognized by utilizing greater amounts of memory. However, large heaps
should be avoided if there is insufficient physical memory to avoid paging.
For additional information regarding memory heap settings please refer to Eclipse.org,
IBM.com and Java.Sun.com.
If a previous version of this product is installed on the target computer it
should be uninstalled or disabled prior to installing this version.
Uninstalling the StarTeam 2008 Eclipse Client
Before installing this release, it is recommended that you
disable or uninstall StarTeam 2008 Eclipse Client. Micro Focus recommends this step to
avoid confusion between the menu options offered between the two clients.
installing or uninstalling on a non-Windows platform, you must specify
which installed Java VM to use as a parameter. This is because Java VM for
non-Windows operating systems is not bundled with the installer. Add the LAX_VM
parameter to the installer or uninstaller and specify the path to your VM. For
To uninstall StarTeam Edition 2008 Eclipse Client
- Run the StarTeam Edition 2008 Eclipse Client
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the wizard.
To disable StarTeam 2008 Eclipse Client
- Choose Help > Software Updates > Manage Configuration from
the Eclipse main menu. The Product Configuration dialog box opens.
- Select <Drive Letter> :\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam 2008 Eclipse
Client\eclipse from the list on the left
of the dialog box.
- Select Disable from the Available Tasks list.
- In the resulting dialog box, click OK to accept the changes.
- Restart Eclipse.
Tip: You can later re-enable StarTeam 2008 Eclipse
Client by following the steps above and choosing Enable from the Available
Tasks list in the Product Configuration dialog box.
You must have either Eclipse 3.5 or 3.6 installed before
proceeding with the installation of the StarTeam Eclipse Client. Once the
IDE is installed, the StarTeam 2009 Release 2 Eclipse Client can be installed by downloading the executable file to run the InstallAnywhere wizard.
Install Anywhere Wizard
- Close all running applications after saving all modified files.
- Launch the executable (.exe) file. You can download the StarTeam installation file from the Micro Focus Product Updates downloads site.
- Scroll down to the Eclipse section and click the 3.5 and 3.6 format you want to download, either HTTP or FTP.
- Follow the installation instructions provided by the install wizard.
- This release of the StarTeam Eclipse Client was tested on Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 with Rational Application Developer 7.5, Together 2008 R2 SP1, and JBuilder 2008 R2. While the tests were limited, no problems in using this version of the StarTeam Eclipse client with any of these products have been found.
- If you are using StarTeam with Together, be aware that the StarTeam Eclipse Client works with Sun JRE 1.6, but the latest Together 2008 R3 (released in November 2010) works with either JRE 1.5 or 1.6. If you are using Together 2008 R2 SP1 and it was installed with the installer, it puts JRE 1.5 in a jre directory in the root of Eclipse. However, Together 2008 R2 SP1 works well with JRE 1.6. You can replace the JRE that came with Together with JRE 1.6 or install Together from the update site (online or archived) to an Eclipse instance configured to run with 1.6.
"Link with Selection" overrides the "Connect to StarTeam Server" setting "Never". If you click "Link with Selection", StarTeam assumes you want to automatically connect to the server and refresh your view when you select a shared folder or item in a view such as the Change Request, Topic, Task, or Requirement view.
The following are known issues in this release:
- Only the latest version of StarTeam File Compare/Merge works as an alternate merge/compare tool. The 11.0.xxx versions will not correctly auto-merge the file content. Pre-11.0.xxx versions will work, but the latest version is recommended.
You can download the File Compare/Merge installation file from the Micro Focus Product Updates downloads site.
- Alternate Property Editors are not available to display as embedded editors and will show in a dialog regardless of the embedded editor setting.
- If you change the Working Folder while the StarTeam Eclipse Client is running, it can cause Team Synchronization errors.
- This release will not open the StarTeam Classic
perspective in Solaris 10.
- Solaris cannot open the Annotation View or the Details View. Therefore, annotation hover hyperlinks can not be displayed.
- Solaris does not support embeddable browsers. Therefore, annotation pop-ups in Solaris will not include selectable process links.
If your monitor's display appearance is set to the Windows Classic theme,
filter combo boxes display incorrectly (too narrow) in the Eclipse UI. The
workaround is to use the Windows XP theme. To change this setting, select
Display from the Windows Control Panel. The theme is set on the Appearance
tab. This is an Eclipse bug. For more information, see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=155159.
- If you enable StarTeamMPX for both the StarTeam Eclipse Client and StarTeam
Server, and you log on manually in the StarTeam Eclipse Client, the client
prompts you to take advantage of StarTeamMPX. If your logon is performed automatically
using stored account information, the client does not display any StarTeamMPX
prompts; however, a system job for StarTeamMPX is started. System jobs handle
all StarTeamMPX events. These jobs are initially invisible in the Eclipse
Progress view. You can display them by clicking on the drop down view menu
in the Progress view, selecting Preferences, and checking the option
to Show sleeping and system operations in the Progress Preferences dialog box.
You can only overwrite files with outgoing changes using the context menu
Replace with commands. For files with incoming changes only, you must first modify
the files locally (to make them conflicting) before performing a force
When you refresh the status after renaming a folder with a file added to it,
the client shows the set of changes as an incoming deletion of the folder
and an incoming addition of that folder and its new files. The local history
is disconnected; however, this does not damage the continuity and consistency
of the remote history on the server.
While you can use drag-and-drop to move workspace resources, you cannot
use it to share workspace resources. This is an Eclipse bug. For more
information, see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=187972.
For more information about Micro Focus support services, please see Micro Focus Support Resources at http://supportline.microfocus.com/supportresources/borsupportpolicies.aspx.
Copyright © 2010 Borland
(a Micro Focus company). All Borland brand and product names are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Borland Software Corporation in the United States and
other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.