StarTeam/CaliberRM LDAP QuickStart
Manager 2009 Release Notes
This file contains important information that may not appear in online Help.
Read this file in its entirety.
The information in this readme represents the known issues at the time of this release. For late-breaking information that may become available after the release, check the Borland web site for the most recent version of this readme: http://info.borland.com/techpubs/starteam
For an overview
of the new features in the current release, see the What's New topic in
StarTeam Help or the About This Release section in Chapter 1 of the StarTeam/CaliberRM LDAP QuickStart
Manager 2009 Administration Guide.
StarTeam/CaliberRM LDAP QuickStart Manager works on any system supported by CaliberRM and StarTeam Cross-Platform clients.
You must upgrade to the latest CaliberRM version prior to installing LDAP QuickStart Manager 2009 CaliberRM. Refer to the "Performing an Upgrade" section of the CaliberRM Installation Guide.
The following are known issues in Borland LDAP QuickStart Manager:
- You cannot refresh at the group level in StarTeam; you can only refresh at the server level.
- LDAP QuickStart Manager imports the same users twice if they were selected by LDAP query and also were selected from the 'organization unit'. LDAP should remember already imported users within one session to prevent the second unnecessary import of the same users.
- When connecting to the LDAP server via SSL and the server
certificate cannot be verified by Java, a warning about this appears in the
- For CaliberRM users: When importing users by way of the LDAP QuickStart Manager and setting users to utilize a slip id, the slip id value does not carry over to the Framework Administrator. No license is set for the imported user. You must manually set the license server in order for the imported user to be able to log into Caliber.
The following is a limitation in StarTeam/CaliberRM LDAP
The more users you import at the same time, the more memory the
import operation requires. One indication that the import
operation exceeds the amount of available memory is that the LDAP
QuickStart Manager main window cannot repaint. If you run out of memory during an operation, you can:
- Reduce the number of users being
imported in a single operation. That may mean selecting one server at a
time rather than importing to several servers with the same operation.
- Save the operation as a template using
the wizard, but don't import the users until later. When you are running
a template and run out of memory, LDAP QuickStart Manager recovers
For technical support, contact the
For information on installation, please see the StarTeam/CaliberRM LDAP QuickStart Manager 2009 Installation Instructions (ST_CA_LDAP_Install.html) available in the root
directory on your installation CD and in the
C:\Program Files\Borland\LDAP QuickStart Manager default directory after
Copyright © 2009 Borland Software Corporation. All Borland brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Borland Software Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.