AcuODBC User's Guide
1.5 Using AcuODBC
Using AcuODBC is a straightforward process. Follow these steps:
- Install the software (see the Quick Start card).
- Compile a program that creates your data files. Use the "-Fx" or "-Fa" compile-time option to create a data dictionary file (XFD) used by AcuODBC. Include directives in your code to structure your tables as appropriate. See Chapter 6 for information on compiling and directives.
- Run the program that creates your data files. Chapter 6 provides an example of the commands used in the Windows environment to create the sample data files refered to in this manual.
- Specify your DSN using the AcuODBC Configuration property sheet. See Chapter 3 for details.
- Run your ODBC-enabled application. Chapter 4 demonstrates three common Windows applications and Chapter 5 provides syntax for some common SQL operations.
If you are using AcuODBC Server, see Chapter 8 for information on the AcuODBC Server environment and Chapter 9 for additional information on specifying DSNs.
Voice: (800) 262-6585 (U.S.A. and Canada)
Voice: (858) 689-4500
Fax: (858) 689-4550
Please share your comments on this manual
or on any Acucorp documentation with the
Acucorp Communications Department.
|© 1988-2003 Acucorp, Inc.|
All rights reserved.