AcuODBC User's Guide
1.2 Product Requirements
To interface your COBOL data to a Windows application through AcuODBC, you must have the following:
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, or XP; or Windows NT 4.0.
- ODBC Data Source Administrator Version 3.5 or later. (Part of the Windows operating system. This is automatically updated during AcuODBC installation if an earlier version is detected.)
- ODBC Driver Manager Version 3.5 or later. (Part of the Windows operating system. This is automatically updated during AcuODBC installation if an earlier version is detected.)
- ACUCOBOL-GT indexed or relative data files created with ACUCOBOL-GT Version 4.0 or later. AcuODBC is compatible with all versions of Vision indexed files and relative files.
- Data dictionary files (also called .XFD files). Data dictionary files are created at compile time with the "-Fx" or "-Fa" options, and are discussed in section 6.2, "XFD Files." If you have older data dictionary files, we recommend that you update to XFD Version 4 or 5 format.
- AcuServer(TM) networking software if data will reside on a remote UNIX® or Windows NT server. AcuServer is a separate Acucorp product.
Voice: (800) 262-6585 (U.S.A. and Canada)
Voice: (858) 689-4500
Fax: (858) 689-4550
Please share your comments on this manual
or on any Acucorp documentation with the
Acucorp Communications Department.
|© 1988-2003 Acucorp, Inc.|
All rights reserved.