AcuODBC User's Guide
8.2 Getting Started
Before using AcuODBC Server, you must perform the following steps:
- If the DSN will be on a UNIX server, you must assign a value to the DSN_DIRECTORY configuration variable. See section 8.4.1 for information on DSN_DIRECTORY and other configuration variables.
- To ensure proper system security, identify users to the system by adding their names and passwords (if appropriate) to the AcuAccess file. See section 8.3 for information on system security.
- Start AcuODBC Server as a service or daemon. See section 8.4.4 for information on starting AcuODBC Server using the AcuODBC Server Control Panel (ODCP) or the acuodbcs command.
- Configure the DSN on both the client and the server.
- If SQL processing will occur on a Windows server, use the AcuODBC Server Control Panel's Data Sources tab to create the remote DSN. (See section 9.3, "Configuring the Remote DSN on a Windows Server," for information.)
- If SQL processing will occur on a UNIX server, you can use either the srvconfig.sh or srvconfig.tcl utilities to configure the remote DSN. srvconfig.sh is a command-line interface. srvconfig.tcl is a graphical interface. (See section 9.4, "Configuring Remote Data Sources in a UNIX Graphical Environment," for information on the srvconfig utilities.)
Voice: (800) 262-6585 (U.S.A. and Canada)
Voice: (858) 689-4500
Fax: (858) 689-4550
Please share your comments on this manual
or on any Acucorp documentation with the
Acucorp Communications Department.
|© 1988-2003 Acucorp, Inc.|
All rights reserved.